Rochester Local History Indexes: Browse

Browse the Local History Indexes
(Search the Index)

Browse by NameBrowse by Subject
 A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 


T. A. Baum, residence ofT. B. Ryder, residence of, South Goodman
T. Meyer, residence ofT. W. Ford, Plumbing
TaberTacci
TacconeTaddeo
TaftTaft's Dental Rooms
TaglinoTaintor
TaitTakeda
Taking molten glass from Bausch and Lomb furnace during World War ITalaska
TallingerTallman
TalmanTanger
TangheTanner
Tannery of Jacob GravesTaplin
TarantelloTarba, M. D. Manufacturing Co.
TarrantTatlock
Taxidermy Department at Ward's, 1883Taylert
TaylorTaylor Building
Taylor Instrument CompaniesTaylor The Tailor
Taylor, A. J., & Son's Business CollegeTaylor, J., & Sons
Taylor, James W.Taylor's Business College
Teak Room, Soule houseTeal
TeallTeall and Sons, Caterers, 25 No. Fitzhugh St.
TeareTegg
Tegg, Albert, & SonTegy
TelfairTelfair Sanitarium
TellierTemple Beth El
Temple Sinai, 363 Penfield Rd., BrightonTennison
TennyTepper
TerborgTeresi
TerrelTerrell
TerrillTerry
TeschTeute
ThackrayThatcher
ThayerThe "City Mills" of Joseph Strong
The "New York Mills" of J. F. Mack and T. J. PatersonThe 1865 Flood
The Academy Building (formerly Rochester Free Academy), 13 S. Fitzhugh St.The Aqueduct
The Aqueduct and river below Court Street Dam, low waterThe Aqueduct and River Below Court Street Dam-Low Water
The Aqueduct from South AvenueThe Armistice Celebration at East Ave. and Main St., Nov. 11, 1918
The Bank of MonroeThe Bank of Monroe, 21 Exchange Street
The Beater House of the Old Powder MillsThe beautiful Irondequoit country
The Bicknell Houses, 63 and 67 Spring Street, 1875, Linocut by Norman Kent 1929The Bishop's residence and St. Andrew's Seminary
The Bloss Tavern as it stood on East Avenue, in Brighton, prior to its removal in 1936 to make way for a gas stationThe Burns Block as it appeared in 1851; situated on the Northeast corner of Main and State Streets
The Campbell-Whittlesey houseThe carriage and blacksmith shop of J. & F. Fetzner on Ridge Road West in Greece, 1877
The Carthage high bridge, 1819The Cedars, residence of J. A. McBride, Pittsford
The ChuteThe City Hall
The Cogswell FountainThe Corning Homestead, Webster
The Council Rock on East Avenue as it appeared in 1899The Court House Square at Rochester, 1827
The Depot, 41 N. Main Street, PittsfordThe Dossenbach Orchestra at the Lyceum
The Douglass MonumentThe Eastman Laboratory
The Elms on N. Goodman StreetThe Enos Stone house. The first frame dwelling erected on the East side of the Genesee River in what is now-the City of Rochester, photograph taken 1899
The Episcopal Church HomeThe Esplanade
The famous Latta Elm, Yates FarmThe First Aqueduct
The first high school, Chester Dewey Principal, 1838The first Main Bridge (before completion)
The Flour City National Bank of RochesterThe Four Corners
The Four Corners in 1827The Frankfort Mills of Moseley & Motley, 1868
The Frankfort Mills of Moseley and MotleyThe Frankfort Mills of Moseley and Motley, 1868
The Genesee Falls, Rochester, 1838The German American Bank
The Gorge, Genesee RiverThe Granite Building
The Granite Building (detail)The great Sibley fire, 1904
The H. H. Warner BuildingThe Hahnemann Hospital
The Hayden Furniture CompanyThe Hiram Sibley Block, Main Street East
The home built by Col. Nathaniel Rochester, 1824The Jonathan Child House
The Jonathan Child House located at 37 S. Washington St.The last winter of the old Erie Canal in Rochester, reproduced from a lithograph of a drawing made by Walter H. Cassebeer in 1918
The Lenox, West Avenue and Prospect StreetThe Linen Store
The LivingstonThe Lomb Residence, Pittsford
The Lower FallsThe Lower Falls, 1870's
The Main Falls 1870'sThe Main Falls at Rochester
The Main Falls of the Lower Genesee (by Lesueur, 1816)The Main Falls viewed from the Northwest in 1816
The Main or Middle FallsThe Masonic Temple
The McCrackenville Tavern, this was known as the North American Hotel, which stood on the Northwest corner of State and Brown Streets for 71 years between 1820 & 1891The Meadows, Genesee Valley Park
The Metropolitan area looking South and NorthThe Middle or Main Falls
The Mount Hope Nurseries, 1855, greenhouses and office of Ellwanger and BarryThe National (1940's?)
The New Court HouseThe new Government Building
The New Market (1838)The new Police Station, Rochester
The New Wilder BuildingThe Old Allen Seminary
The old B'rith Kodesh Temple, cornerstone of which was laid in 1893, corner of Gibbs and Groves StreetsThe old Child Building, concert hall, the top floor of this building which stood on Exchange Street, opposite Spring
The old Hanford Tavern, 1883The old Hanford Tavern, photograph: taken 1883
The Old Liberty Pole CornerThe Old Lighthouse at Charlotte
The old Lockup at Charlotte, built in 1872, abandoned 1915The old Market Building, Front Street facing Market Street
The old National HotelThe old Union Tavern, which formerly stood on the site which is now the corner of East Avenue and Vick Park A
The Oliver Culver HouseThe Original Aqueduct
The Orringh Stone TavernThe P. Cox Commercial Building
The Pageant of Rochester Pathways of Progress, Edgerton Park, August 11 to September 9, 1934The Pathfinder, Rochester Auto Club
The Patrick Barry House and Carriage House, 692 Mount Hope AvenueThe Peck house, formerly situated at the Southeast corner of Spring and Fitzhugh Streets, was built by Everard Peck about 1820, and was his house for many years until his death in 1854
The Perkins residence, East AvenueThe Pinnacle, looking West from Cobb's Hill Reservoir, 1922
The Post Express BuildingThe present Temple B'rith Kodesh on Elmwood Avenue
The Reservoir, Highland ParkThe River Genesee, as seen from the Soldier's Memorial Bridge at Ridge Road
The Rochester HotelThe rock of Carthage
The Scrantom cabin, 1812 (drawing by Norman Kent)The Second Aqueduct, Viewed from the Main Street Bridge, 1838
The Seneca and Iroquois on Lake (sailboats)The shimmering river through the trees, Seneca Park
The skaters, Genesee Valley ParkThe Snow Wire Works, 74 Exchange Street
The Spring HouseThe Spring House, 3001 Monroe Avenue, Pittsford
The State Arsenal, now known as Convention Hall, on Washington SquareThe State Industrial School
The Strong MuseumThe Third Ward (& "Corn Hill")
The Third Water Power and adjoining tractThe Twist
The unfeltered Cataract, Main Falls of the Genesee River (Rochester) as they appeared in the days of the SenecasThe Upper or Main falls of the Genesee, ca. 1818
The Wilder BuildingThe Wilder Building, [before 1900]
The Williams and Werner Co., 152 Clinton Ave. NorthThe Woodbury Whip Company
TheimThelen
Theodore Roosevelt School, See School no. 43 Theological Seminary
ThieleThing, S. B., & Co.
Third Presbyterian ChurchThird Presbyterian Church (1838)
Third Presbyterian Church (1838), South side of Main Street East, between present South and Clinton AvenueThird Presbyterian Church, facade and tower, 1936
Third Presbyterian Church, Main Street, between St. Paul and ClintonThird Presbyterian Church, side view, 1936
Third Ward house by A. J. WarnerThird Ward Preservation District
This view shows the site of old Carthage Landing, on the East side flats of the Genesee River, at Rochester, about one mile North of the lower fallsTholens
ThomasThomas & Wegman
Thomas Bolton, ladies and children's shoes, corner Andrews StreetThomas Bolton, residence of
Thomas Bolton, shoe factoryThomas Cornes, residence of, Brockport
Thomas Emerson's Crescent Mills, 1838Thomas J. Jeffords, residence of, with portraits, East Rush
Thomas J. Neville, residence ofThomas Leighton, residence of, East Avenue
Thomas Manufacturing Co.Thomas S. Johnston, residence of
ThompsonThompson Creamery
Thompson Jr.Thompson, George H., & Co.
Thompson, M. O., & Co.Thoms
Thoms, Charles M.Thomson
Thomson & KenfieldThomy
ThornellThornton
ThorpeThorvald Maijgren, 152 Seneca Parkway
Thrall House, 4929 Ridge Road (Route 104), Parma TownshipThree houses on Clover Street, Brighton
Three leading hostelriesTibbits
TiceTichner & Jacobi
TiernanTierney
TiersonTietage
TigheTillotson
Timber Jam at the Aqueduct St. Patrick's Day, 1865Timberg
Times Square BuildingTimes Square Building, 45 Exchange Street
TimmensTimmerman
TindellTinker
Tinker House, 1585 Calkins Road, Henrietta TownshipTitus
Titus & BabcockTo Hanford's Landing, Maplewood Park
ToanToates
TobinTodd
TofanyTolliver
TomaselliTomczak
TomerTomlinson
TompkinsTonawanda Railroad Bridge, across the Erie Canal at Rochester, 1836
ToneTonnewanta Railroad Bridge (1838)
Tonnewanta Railroad Bridge, across the Erie CanalToohey
TooleTooley
ToomeyTooney
TophamTorpey
TorresTorrey
TottenTottten
ToughTouhey
TourtellotTower
Tower & LamontTower & Ross-Lewin
Tower and statue of Mercury, William S. Kimball & CompanyTowert
TownTown on the Genesee at the Falls (1816)
TowneTownsend
TownsonTozer
TozierTracy
Traders Box and Lumber Co.Traders Box and Lumber Company
Traders National BankTraffic Control at Four Corners, c. 1908
Traffic on Main Street, ca 1928Trant
TraubTrautman
TraverTraynor
TreadwellTreat
Treat Witherspoon House, 25 Clarissa Street, RochesterTreawald, residence of Mrs. Mathias Kondolf
TremanTrenkler
TrentmanTrescott
TressyTriangle Building [at] Main Street East and East Avenue
Triangle Building, 20-26 East AvenueTrihey
TrimbleTrimby
Trinity Episcopal Church (1880)Tripp
TrivelliTrolleys on Main Street
Troop H Cavalry Farm, IrondequoitTrost
TrottTrotter
Trotter, Chas. W., & SonTrousdale
TrueTruesdale
TruesdellTruman
Truman Smith, residence of, MendonTruska
Trust BuildingTrzeciak
TubbsTucker
TullyTunile
Turn of the Century trolley service to CharlotteTurner
TurneyTurning Point Park
TurpinTurrell
TurrillTuttle
TuttyTwelve Way Crossing, Rochester Railway Company
TwetchellTwilight. on Pinnacle Hills
TwitchellTyler
Tytler, Alexander, & Co.

Search the Collection    Browse the Collection
You may also want to consult: Basic Sources for Rochester History