Volume XXV · Spring 1970 · Number 3
The History of the University of Rochester Libraries--120 Years
--CATHERINE D. HAYES
Chapter: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |
Donors to the Library Building The following are gifts designated for special Library purposes:
ASIA LIBRARIES (East and South Asia)
Gift of Alexander Rogers and his wife, Frances Smith Rogers, '24
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION LIBRARY
Reading room given as a memorial to Harry L. (Pat) Fuller, '33, by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. William G. Street, Fred H. Gowen, '32, David M. Allyn, '31, and his many friends.
DIRECTOR'S OFFICE, DEPARTMENT OF RARE BOOKS, MANUSCRIPTS AND ARCHIVES
Gift in memory of Robert Crawford Brinker, '38, by his wife, Donna M. Brinker, and his brother, John H. Brinker, '36, and his many friends.
Gift of Griffith Bowen, '44, in memory of his father, Dr. Albert Bowen, '06, and his aunt, Katharine Bowen Gale, '10.
Gift of Mrs. Augusta Laney Hoeing in memory of her father, Calvin Cook Laney (1850-1941), Rochester parks developer.
MUSIC LISTENING ROOM
Gift of Mary Emily Wiltsie Field, Harold Lovasso Field, and their sons, Harold Potter Field and Charles Wiltsie Field, in gratitude to the University for her influence upon their family, and upon those members of their family who have been her students, Charles Hastings Wiltsie, '80, Harold Lovasso Field, '10, and Charles Wiltsie Field, '46.
READING ROOM, DEPARTMENT OF RARE BOOKS, MANUSCRIPTS AND ARCHIVES
Gift of Roslyn Weisberg Cominsky, '22E, in memory of her husband, Jacob Robert Cominsky, '20.
Gift of John Mercer Brugler and his wife, Bernice Whitham Brugler, members of the Class of 1925.
WILLIAM HENRY SEWARD ROOM, DEPARTMENT OF RARE BOOKS, MANUSCRIPTS AND ARCHIVES
Conference table, gift of Mrs. William Henry Seward, III
Other gifts, specifically designated for Rush Rhees Library, were received from the following:
|- Allen, Miss Marian, '25|
- Allyn, Mr. David, '31
- Bartlett, Mr. James P., '58
- Bender, Mr. and Mrs. Armin N., '33/'37
- Bender, Dr. and Mrs. - Stephen H., '56
- Bergstrom, Mrs. William H., '45
- Bettner, Mr. J. Nelson, '33
- Bobinski, Mrs. George S., '51
- Bowen, Mr. Griffith, '44
- Brinker, Mr. John H., '36
- Brinker, Mrs. Robert C.
- Brugler, Mr. and Mrs. - Mercer
- Butler, Mr. Jewett B., '31
- Collamer, Mr. Richard W., '30
- Cominsky, Mrs. Jacob R., '22E
- Darweesh, Mr. Joseph N., '61
- Eddy, Mr. Warren S., '59
- Edgerton, Dr. Richard O., '36
- Eisold, Mr. John E., '33
- Field, Dr. Charles W., '46M
- Field, Mr. and Mrs. Harold L.
- Field, Mr. Harold P.
- Fogg, Mrs. Lynn S.
- Forbes, Mr. John V. G., '39
- Forbes, Dr. Sydney S., '61
- Foster, Mr. Charles H., '34
- Gagner, Miss Sandra E., '66
- Gambee, Dr. Budd L., Jr., '40
- Ganis, Mr. Sam E., '31
- Gardner, Mr. Richard W., '33
- Geddes, Mr. Charles, '34
- Glen, Mrs. Margaret G., '20
- Goldin, Mr. J. Roger
- Gosnell, Dr. Charles F., '30
- Gowen, Mr. Fred H., '32
- Gowen, Mrs. Fred H.
- Halpern, Mr. Stephen M., '61
- Harkness, Mrs. Bernard E., '35
- Heckel, Mrs. George P., '31
- Hennington, Mr. Howard, '35
- Hill, Mrs. Elswood S.
- Hoeing, Mrs. Charles
- Howland, Mr. Arden C., '33
|- Howland, The Reverend Robert I. '33|
- Hughes, Miss Joanne C.
- Humes, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer C., Sr.
- Knapp, Mr. and Mrs. Hugh J., '34
- Kowaluk, Mr. Eugene
- Kresge Foundation
- Lamont, Mr. and Mrs. Thomas S.
- Langhans, Mr. Edward A., '44
- Lewis, Miss Nancy E., '60
- Loveland, Miss Anne C., '60
- MacKenzie, Mr. David, '51
- McCusker, Mr. John J., Jr., '63G
- McLaughlin, Mrs. J. Warren, '30
- Martin, Mrs. Malcolm A., '64
- Mattern, Miss Margaret M., '58
- Mead, Mrs. James L., '44
- Meadow, Mr. Charles T., '51
- Metzdorf, Dr. Robert F., '33
- Minor, Mr. Oscar E., '33
- Mulligan, Dr. Richard M., '37
- Posner, Mr. Irving L., '33
- Remein, Mrs. John M. '42
- Resler, Mr. Charles L., '30
- Richmond, Mrs. Phyllis A.
- Rogers, Mr. and Mrs. Alexander
- Russell, Mr. and Mrs. John R.
- Schattschneider, Mrs. David A. '61
- Schneckenburger, Miss Anna L. '51 - Schneier, Mrs. Harvey A.
- Seward, Mrs. William H. III
- Speaker, Mrs. Paul S.
- Steadman, Mr. Stephen G., '64
- Stone, Mr. George L. H., '55
- Street, Mr. and Mrs. William G.
- Swanton, Mrs. Walter F., '34
- Toth, Mr. and Mrs. August J.
- Tupper, Mr. and Mrs. John L., '33
- Vanderlinder, Mr. Roy E., Jr. '56
- Watterworth, Mr. and Mrs. George C., Jr. '58/'58
- Woodrow, Mr. and Mrs. Donald L. '60G/'58
- Various donors in memory of Mr. Robert Brinker '30
- Various donors in memory of Mr. Pat Fuller '33